Loveys of Beardon
Beardon Barton: originally the home of Robert Loveys of Beardon,
(grandson of Leonard Loveys of Ogbeare). Built in the late 1500's.
Beardon Manor (sometimes referred to as "Beardown Manor") with its neighbour Darrocott, set amidst undulating pastures and grain-producing countryside is still a striking reminder of the grandeur of medieval building. Of huge proportions and impressive design, it is so tucked away in this rural corner that “few there be who find it”. The Lovies (or Loveys) family of Ogbeare found it in 1600, and loved it so much that 3 generations of them settled here. It ceased to be a manor by about 1800 and is now a large farm. - quote from http://www.boytoncornwall.co.uk
Visit the Beardon Barton Cottages web site.